Monday, July 22, 2013

7/22/2013 -- Rest

Today is the third day in a row we take off from weights. Tomorrow morning it's back to up at 5:45am and at the gym by 6:00. I definitely needed all of these days off as I am just beginning to feel like I can move again with being in serious amounts of pain.

For a quick run down (since I started this blog a little late) last week I did the following:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday:

Weights: Chest & Triceps

3 set/12 rep Wide Push Ups
3 set/12 rep Dumbbell Bench Press
3 set/12 rep Flat Bench Cable Flyes
3 set/12 rep Standing Dumbbell Tricep Extension
3 set/12 rep Tricep Pushdowm

Cardio:

Walk @ 4.5 mph for 30 minutes

Wednesday:

Weights: Back & Biceps

3 set/12 rep Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
3 set/12 rep Dumbbell Row, One-Arm, Bent-Over
3 set/12 rep Seated Cable Row
3 set/12 rep Underhand Cable Pulldowns
3 set/12 rep Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
3 set/12 rep Standing Biceps Cable Curl

Cardio:

Walk @ 4.0 mph for 10 minutes

Thursday:

Weights:

Legs & Calves

3 set/12 rep Leg Press @ 50 lbs
3 set/12 rep Leg Extension @ 40 lbs
3 set/12 rep Wide Stance Barbell Squat @ 20 lbs
3 set/12 rep Standing Calf Raises

Cardio:

Walk @ 4.0 mph 10 minutes
Walk @ 3.0 mph 30 mintes

Friday:

Weights: Shoulders & Abs

3 set/12 rep Seated Dumbbell Press @ 20 lbs
3 set/12 rep Standing Dumbbell Straight-Arm Front Delt Raise To A "T" @ 10 lbs
3 set/12 rep Lateral Raise, Dumbbell, Side @ 10 lbs
3 set/12 rep Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise @ 10 lbs
3 set/12 rep Exercise Ball Crunch @ body weight
3 set/12 rep Air Bike @ body weight

I've found that with each day I find more and more of the items I want to record (i.e. the first days I was just recording reps/sets, but by the end of the week I was also including the weight measurements).

For off days out of the gym, like today, I figured I will record my eating habits (with photos, oooooof course) just to make sure I'm being held accountable when it comes to my intake and my work outs. As a vegan I find it important to make sure that I'm eating a diverse and nutrient dense diet so I record all of my food on My Fitness Pal, but it's also nice to be able to look back and see what I've had. :)

So onward!

Today's menu:

Breakfast -- 8am -- Breakfast sandwich on Ezekiel flaxseed toastGimme Lean breakfast sausageblack soybean tofu and teese vegan cheddar cheese sauce.



Morning snack -- 10am -- 1 large banana



Lunch -- 12pm -- Homemade mung beans in tomato, onion gravy with basmati rice



Afternoon snacks -- 2:30pm and 5pm -- 18gr natural almonds and 1 medium apple



Dinner -- 7pm -- Oh She Glows "Long Weekend Grilled Salad"


No comments:

Post a Comment