Monday, July 29, 2013

7/29/2013 -- The Eats

Jason bought me a Vitamix for my birthday back in June. I've taken it on vacation, I've used it to make soupsauces and of course smoothies like the one below. We use this thing almost every single day and I absolutely love it. It's also taken some of stress off my shoulders. I am no longer responsible for making every single meal. As a matter of fact Jason tends to come home after our work outs, open the fridge and start throwing things in the blender to make breakfast for us. This morning he made us a spinach, frozen banana, fresh coconut water, fresh pineapple, fresh coconut jelly and carrot smoothie. It tasted fantastic and was definitely a nutrient dense way to start the day.


For lunch I made us some tacos. For him I did a chipotle seitan but for me? I've been on a buffalo kick, so I made some homemade baked buffalo tofu, whipped up some homemade pico de gallo, pickled some cabbage, red onions and cilantro, then topped it with Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream and Taco Bus salsa verde. They were amazing


Other than that, here is the rest of my day (and I'll make sure to update this entry with a photo of the "Rustic bread, spinach and eggplant lasagna" I'm making for dinner). It was a delicious day and I feel like a million bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment